Aptly named both for its location within the research park and its access to major highways, the Central District will be the site for the new WFUHS Biomedical Research Campus. Development consists principally of University-related biomedical research uses and collaborating biomedical research firms. Sidewalk-lined streets, landscaped terraces and open spaces will punctuate the pedestrian-oriented campus atmosphere of the district. A private service lane will connect the South, Central and North Districts and the primary road network will connect the campus to downtown.
- Use: Wake Forest University Health Sciences Biomedical Research Campus District
- Total Area: 54.33 ± acres
- Developable Area: 40.53 acres
- Development: 2.1 million gsf
- Buildings size: 24,000 gsf - 190,000 gsf
- Building heights: 2 - 7 levels
- Floor Area Ratio FAR: 1.21