Cities have always had a history of birthing new concepts. They are a gathering place of people exchanging ideas, cultures and new theories. With six institutions of higher learning creating an academic flow of knowledge and experimentation, Piedmont Triad Research Park has a track record of turning scientific hypotheses into commercially marketable concepts.
In order to drive new ideas forward and cultivate viable companies, proximity to powerful resources is essential. Connectivity with universities, financial institutions, venture capitalists, law firms and business support agencies is a defining mark of the Piedmont Triad Research Park.
There are 190 research parks across the nation. Ours is distinguished by the energy of its location and our commitment to dynamic collaborations.
Facilitated support services include but are not limited to:
- Access to R&D support
- Tenant Association Network
- Advanced telecommunications infrastructure
- Shared indoor and outdoor meeting spaces
- Patented university technologies available for licensing
- Entrepreneurial knowledge exchanges
- Facilitated workforce development
- Business incubation
- Entrepreneurial counseling and training
- Venture capital opportunities
- Government and non-profit support (tax incentives, grants, loans, consulting)
- Capacity Planning – consultation and collaboration with local developers